photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Weekend rewind

We had so much fun this weekend! I was so sad when it was over. But then I realized me and the Mr. had a sushi date night followed by the Bachelorette finale, so Monday turned out to be a great day indeed!

Saturday morning I took Hadley to Children's Hospital to have some lab work and xrays, per doctor's orders. Her allergist wanted us to have these done, as every time we take her off her nebulizer medicines, her symptoms return (cough and runny nose). She did SO good - she didn't even cry when they took blood from her little arm.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  So we headed to Dunkin' Donuts for a special treat to since she was so good!

When I told her one donut was enough

It was so nice when we got home, I decided to pack a quick lunch and head for the park. The weather could not have been more perfect!



Later that day, we had a birthday party at The Little Gym. Hadley had never been so I was excited to check it out. UMMMMM what have I been depriving my child of?!  This place is AWESOME! I cannot wait to go back! It was nice getting to chat with some of the parents of Hadley's classmates too.  Hadley and all her friends had the best time! 





Sunday was another gorgeous day. We went to church and out then out for lunch at Chuy's - perfect patio weather and delish food.   We had another birthday Sunday afternoon for Sophie. The kiddies had such a great time and the cupcakes were outta this world.

 







Sunday evening I made some Banana Oat (gluten free) muffins in my Vitamix - they were really good and I only had to clean the blender and muffin pan when I was finished. Score.



Ingredients
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
 2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas

Directions
Preheat oven to 400. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with liners. 
Place the oats in the vitamix (or food processor) and pulse for about 15 seconds, or until the oats are all ground up and fluffy. Place the ground oats in a separate bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to the vitamix/food processor. Process until everything is mixed together, then slowly add the oats. You can add chocolate chips, nuts, crasins, etc if you like. I added chocolate chips to a few of these.
Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. This recipe made 12 large cupcakes, plus 6 minis for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment