photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday




Loving my sweet little girl - can't believe I am already planning her THIRD birthday party. We rented a pavilion at our favorite park/splash pad so it should be a really fun time! Every time we go to the park, she asks if its her party day. Memory like an elephant!
 
 
 
 
 
I am loving that Hadley is officially potty trained!  No accidents in nearly 2 weeks!  We still sleep in a diaper at night, but I am soooo proud of my girl!  I made her a sticker chart for when she pee-pees and she gets one M&M when she goes poo-poo.  She loves putting stickers on her chart and realllly loves getting the candy! 

 

I am loving a website I found via Pinterest (of course that is where I found it). A Well Dressed Home - could spend hours here and on other home design blogs. I really need some help in this department in my own house...but seriously, I love all their designs. I really want to redo our living room, I have since we moved in. I have a major case of decorating paralysis at the moment.
 

 
I am loving this awesome recipe we tried on Sunday - I don't cook with red meat often, so this was a treat! Served with roasted asparagus and fresh cut fruit. Will definitely make again!


Grilled Flank Steak with Black Beans Corn and Tomatoes (via Skinnytaste.com)
 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb flank steak
1/2 tsp cumin
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper to taste

For the black bean, corn and tomatoes:
3 tbsp red onion, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
2 medium vine ripe tomatoes, diced
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cups frozen corn kernels (fresh is fine)
2 tbsp finely minced cilantro
kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:
Season steak with the crushed garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and set aside 5-10 minutes. Combine red onions, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside a few minutes. Add tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro and set aside.

Heat a clean lightly greased indoor or outdoor grill on high heat. Grill steak on high heat, 6-8 minutes on each side or until your desired degree of doneness. Let the meat rest about 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the beef into thin slices across the grain, place on a platter and top with corn, black bean and tomato salad.

Make it. You won't be disappointed people.


Loving this is my last day of work this week! Woohoo July 4th festivities and a 4 day weekend! The weather isn't supposed to be that great the next couple of days, so we may be at the movies rather than the pool! I'm totally getting some sparklers today after work. I.can't.wait.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am getting a raise not having to buy all the diapers :)

    ReplyDelete