photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Friday, July 12, 2013

5 on Friday!



1. Very excited about this weekend!  Can't say why  just yet, but I'll definitely share details later!



2.  Did you all have a "You are special" plate when you are growing up?  We did in my family, and it was so fun to use for birthdays, or if you had a good report card, etc.  I saw this cute one with directions on how to make your very own plate. I can't wait to start this tradition with Hadley!

 
 
3.  This little girl had a bad little stomach bug last week, right before our long 4th of July weekend started. Thankfully it only lasted 24 hours and we were able to fully enjoy our first Krispy Kreme the next day! Red, white, and blue sprinkles and all :)



4.  Y'all know I love to eat, thus I've really gotten into cooking. Since I have celiac, and Hadley has egg/dairy allergies, planning healthy, easy, and man-approved meals is, ummm, interesting :)  This one is awesome - made it last night - Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken via Skinnytaste.com. I served ours in lettuce wraps with a little steamed brown rice.  Delish - must try it.

 
 
5.  I have a couple little books with short daily reads that I love. Today's message in one of my books (Wisdom for the Way, Charles Swindoll) is about our attitude. Wanted to share because it is so true.

I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my success or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me, my circumstances, or my position. The attitude I choose keeps me going or cripples my progress.  It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there's no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.


Happy Friday! About to head out and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment