photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday!



ONE
 I am so thankful it's Friday y'all. And, a HALF Friday at work for me!  Going to meet my better half for a sushi lunch date (I go for the cooked sushi these days but can't wait for the real thing post delivery), hit up the afternoon barre class, and then go pick up my sweet little toddler!
 


TWO
I've already meal planned for next week. And it's only Thursday. WOW! Next week we are having Grilled Flank Steak with black beans, corn and tomatoes, Tuscan Chicken with a big ole green salad, and Buffalo Chicken Tenders (making a GF batch for me) with a Southwest stuffed sweet potato.  I've been trying to eat clean and cook clean for my crew, which sort of goes hand in hand with my gluten free diet. I'm not totally hardcore, but I just try to use real food and avoid the center section of the grocery store (don't fret though, this working mama still cracks open some Kraft mac n' cheese for my gluten eaters as a side dish - sometimes you just gotta do what works). Usually over half my grocery list each week is fresh veggies and fruit.  We get a lot of our fruit from Costco (it almost always looks better than my local grocer), and also our almond milk, quinoa, chia seeds, and coffee there. Love me some Costco.



 




THREE
We have been wanting to sign Hadley up for a dance class lately, and we are going to try out the intro class at Little Gym next weekend - Jazzy Bugs Tap and Ballet. I cannot wait to get her all dolled up for class!  She's not the most graceful child I've ever seen hehe :)  She is so excited!



FOUR
For Lent this year, I'm participating in a 40 day "mini-challenge" where I am giving up shopping for myself.  Check out "The 1 Year Wardrobe Resolution" on Facebook (or The1YearWardrobeResolution on instagram) where a wife and mom details her one year journey of learning to be happy with the things she has and discovering that "less" really is "more."  She started a mini-challenge to people who want to give it a try during Lent and I am totally in.  I am excited to focus these 40 days on being thankful for all the things God has blessed me with!  It is much more than I deserve.



 


FIVE
My amazing mother is celebrating her birthday this weekend. I asked her what she wanted this year, and she said "help mulching my flower beds." Umm, was hoping she wanted to get mother-daughters pedis or facials. So my wonderful husband is going to mulch for her this weekend, and Sunday we are heading to her church and then brunch at Tomato Head.  My mom is such a special, sweet, loving mom, and I hope I can be more like her when I grow up!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment