photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Five on Friday!

 

ONE
I am extra excited about Valentine's day this year. I've already picked up Hadley's valentines for her classmates (Doc McStuffin's of course!) and pinned tons of cute treats I want to make and share with my work people. Valentine's day is on a Friday this year and I want to do a fun breakfast-for-dinner that evening for my Valentines, complete with heart-shaped red velvet pancakes and eggs!







TWO
It's been freezing here this week and I'm super busy at work with year-end reporting, which means this mama has been wearing out the crockpot. Please do yourself a favor and make this crockpot balsamic pork tenderloin!  It is sooo easy and delish! I served this with a broccoli and cheese quinoa casserole this week.



Ingredients
  • 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
  • 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • ½ cup good balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use tamari for gluten free)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
 
Instructions
  1. Place pork tenderloin into  crockpot. Mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork and set the timer (4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low).
  2. Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from crockpot. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of sauce over pork tenderloin.
  3. Store remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


THREE
Seems like Ms. Hadley has figured out how to get out of bed all by herself. She literally scared the sh*t out of me one morning this week when I was getting ready for work as she popped into my room yelling. It's definitely time for a toddler alarm clock - if the sleeping bunny's picture is lit, that means stay in bed and snooze awhile longer. Once the "awake" bunny illuminates, it's okay to rise. I think she will love this!
 
FOUR
Have y'all tried Panera's newest soup, their turkey chili? I had it for lunch one day this week and I really liked it!  It's really different as it's made with pulled turkey, rather that ground meat that is usually found in a traditional restaurant chili. Plus it has garbanzo beans which I love! I'm totally putting garbanzo beans in my chili next time. This soup certainly hit the spot during the cold snap this week!



FIVE
I am starting to make a list of odds and ends I want to get for baby Skeen #2. We have mostly everything we need, but there are a few things everyone talks/blogs about that I want this go around!


Aden+Anais swaddle blankets


Sophie the Giraffe
 
Snap n' Go stroller frame for infant carrier
 
Arm's Reach Co-sleeper - I was not a fan of the wood bassinet I used with Hadster. I have been reading reviews on this one and decided I wanted it. I actually found it at a consignment sale this week for a steal!
 
Puj Tub - this is soft and flexible and doesn't take up much room


TGIF friends and Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment