photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday morning randoms

Happy Monday! Braved another rainy weekend....when will it end?!  Brandon was sick Friday and Saturday, so Hadley and I had lots of quality time together. Thankfully he was feeling better Sunday so we went to church and brunch afterwards at Tomato Head.

I've decided that rainy weather makes me crave sweets. Like bad. I pin a lot of sweets on Pinterest.  But, the last 2 I've tried have been major fails. 



 
The Rasberry Lemonade Cake was HARD.  Almost like playdough.  I did use GF flour and greek yogurt, so maybe those substitutions were to blame? The carrot cake recipe never baked fully...I was really bummed about this one! Full fat desserts from here on out!
 
Our Punta Cana trip is right around the corner...I finally ordered 2 books to read while we are on our trip!  I am SO excited to be able to lay at the pool and beach and just read in the sun for 4 whole days!  I've heard wonderful things about both of these books and I'm really looking forward to both of them.
 
Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

 
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
 
 
I went to a sports injury doctor about my knee. I've been experiencing knee pain for weeks and it's driving me crazy that I can't run like I used to/want to.  He fitted me for orthotics for my running shoes and also gave me a bunion splint to sleep in for my right foot.  I've been breaking the orthotics in since Wednesday of last week and I really do think they are helping...YAY!!!  I ran outside in them for the first time this morning....almost 4 pain free miles which is so encouraging! 
 
 
 
 
 
On the menu this week?
 
Strawberry Berry Salad with grilled chicken
 
 
 
 
 
 
Out for Sushi Night - Hadley's first which I'm excited about!
 
Have a great week friends!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment