photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, September 12, 2011

Party planning

Hadley's birthday party is less than a week away.  I'm so excited....and a little stressed! 

This weekend I was busy getting things ready for the big day.  I picked up her party dress and some things from Party City.  Her dress turned out so cute!  I purchased it at Weepeat Boutique.  The owner custom makes outfits for kids and I know the lady that does all the monogramming and applique there.  I will share pictures after the party of the actual dress, but it is similar to this style (I ordered a different print with an owl applique).



I had so much fun working on her monthly picture banner (which turned out so, so cute!).  You can see in the picture below the one I ordered from Any Good Idea's Etsy shop.  It's hard to believe how much she has changed the last 12 months.  I plan on displaying this in her nursery after her party since the colors match her room (added bonus!).



I love the idea of these tissue poms.  I bought some pink and green tissue paper and attempted to make some over the weekend.  They don't look as good as the ones below, but I think they will look cute hung up on our patio (crossing my fingers for great weather on Sunday).



Here is the invite we sent out.  I purchased the design from Bubee Prints Etsy shop and then ordered the invites from Vista Print.  They turned out so cute!



I'm waiting on one package, complete with banners and cupcake toppers from Burley Girl Design's Etsy shop!  I love everything in her shop!



And I've just about got the menu planned out:
I believe we are going to have a big turnout for the party (umm, I decided this weekend we need a bigger house)!  I can't wait to see Hadley dig into her birthday cake!

3 comments:

  1. Go ahead and start birthday boot camp! Since she is a good eater, I'm sure she will dig right in, but my niece totally freaked out over all the attention and the taste of the cake, so we did birthday boot camp to get ready! I sang Happy Birthday the whole week before, gave him tastes of the cake while icing it, etc! I really think it helped him prepare for the big day! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm literally laughing out load right now, ha!! I better hurry b/c the party is on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    Thanks so much for the mention of my shop. I really appreciate it! You're party looked great!

    Amber
    Bubeeprints.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete