photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, August 1, 2011

Time moves too fast

I had a mini-melt down a few days ago, realizing that my sweet baby is turning one soon.  It's crazy to think how much she has changed in the past 10.5 months.  From a helpless little 8 pound newborn that couldn't even turn from side to side, that needed mommy and daddy so very much, that slept about 20 hours a day, to a crawling 20 pounder that is full of enery (I can hardly keep up with her!), smiles and giggles, self feeds, and is oh-so curious!

I cried for a few minutes after I looked at some of my earlier blog posts (specifically, the 4 month blog post).  Funny how seeing how much hair she has now, compared to January 2011, really made me get teary eyed as this is just one sign that our little girl is growing up!

I was talking to my sweet older sister, Amy, after my mini-melt down.  She has 2 children (Alan, 18, who starts UT in a couple weeks, and Olivia, 5, who starts kindergaden the same week).  We were talking about how quick this first year goes by with your babies and she said "you only have 17 more of these sweet little years until she goes to college."  That is so true....I wish I could slow down time....just a little :) 

On a lighter note, I'm starting to plan Hadley's first birthday party!  I'm doing an owl theme which I'm really excited about.  Found some darling things on Etsy.com!  Here is some of my inspiration / some things I've already ordered.





No comments:

Post a Comment