photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Sunday, August 21, 2011

11 months!







I can't believe a whole month has passed since I wrote one of these posts....and that in just one short month my baby will be ONE!  So many mixed emotions about that - but that is another post for another day :)

  • Hadley is 20 pounds but I'm not sure of her length. I do know that she is tall!  We don't go back to the doctor till her 1 year check-up so I'll know her official stats then.
  • Wearing 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
  • Drinking a bottle in the morning and at night, and 2 sippy cups during the day.  She is hardly interested in drinking from the sippy cup during the day as she is much more into her solid food!  I've tried many different sippy cups (Avent, Dr. Brown, and Playtex), but she still doesn't seem to drink properly out of any of them (she sucks, and then the liquid dribbles down her chin).  She is getting around 12 or so oz of formula throughout the day + water/juice at one feeding.
  • Still napping 2 times a day at 10 and 2. She sleeps about 1 hour each time (at daycare), but takes a much longer morning nap on the weekends when she is home.
  • The girl LOVES to eat. The only thing she isn't crazy about seems to be plain tomatoes.  I put them in several dishes I make for her, but doesn't really love them plain.  I would say yogurt is her favorite food.  She goes crazy when she sees me get it out of the fridge!  At her daycare (Nanny's), they serve breakfast, lunch, and a snack during the day.  We are starting to let her eat the food at school and she has done awesome so far.  They have an 11 day menu that rotates for half the year, and then a new 11 day menu will come out.  We love all the healthy options!
  • I think Hadley is definitely going to be more into shoes than her mommy is.  Whenever she sees shoes in the floor, she makes a beeline for them!
  • Sleeps about 11 hours at night (usually 7:30p to 6:30a, give or take a few).  She will lay in her crib a good 20 minutes in the morning before she really needs me or Brandon to get her.  She rolls around and talks - it's adorable!  And it gives me extra time to hurry and get ready in the mornings!
  • Giggles a lot and definitely notices when we start laughing at something she's done...she'll usually do it again to get more attention.
  • Pulling up on EVERYTHING!  She'll "walk" around her Laugh and Learn table while holding on and cruises while holding onto the furniture.
  • She can stand up by herself for just a few seconds.
  • When she gets sleepy, she plays with her hair. I think this is so sweet.
  • Still uses her pacifier at naps and during the night. Although she would be content to suck on it all day long if I'd let her. I'm scared to wean her from her pacifier!
  • "Loves" on me and Brandon now.  She will lay her little head on our shoulders and will cuddle too.  This was the first month we both noticed this sweet little change - and I am loving every minute of it!  
  • She doesn't give us kisses yet, but when Brandon lets her drink out of his cup, she will open her mouth and lean towards his check after she takes a sip. It's like a kiss!
  • Really likes bath time every night - it amazes me how it calms her down so much.  I bought a toy caddy for the tub - it suctions on the wall of the tub.  Every night, I put her toys back in the caddy before we let the water out.  Last week, she started putting the toys in the caddy.  Me and Brandon couldn't believe it!  She is so smart!
  • Has 7-8 teeth
  • Says ma-ma, ba-ba, and da-da.  She has some other random jibber-jabber, but these are the only recognizable "words."
  • She loves being a ham!  
A few other recent pictures from this past week...

Reading some mail

My bud, Sophie, at her birthday!


Playing with my cousin, Kylie




1 comment:

  1. She is SO cute! I have YET to do my 11 month post for Cai! Gotta do that today or tomorrow! We are still battling this sickness and it is YUCKY!

    ReplyDelete