photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Once a month mom?

Have any of you run across this site? http://onceamonthmom.com/

"Once A Month Mom helps you fill your freezer by creating monthly menus using seasonal recipes."

I am very tempted to give this a try!  They even have gluten free recipes and baby food recipes.  I am going to first try the baby food route. They make it so easy with the grocery list and step-by-step instructions to get all the cooking done quick!

Let me know if you have tried this!  I will post pictures from Memorial Day weekend soon!

3 comments:

  1. I have done this TWICE!!! It was so much better/faster/cheaper the second time around! I actually have posted about my experience on my blog here: http://hartandvanessablog.blogspot.com/2011/03/freezer-cooking-success.html and here: http://hartandvanessablog.blogspot.com/2011/05/freezer-cooking-round-2.html It is WONDERFUL and a huge time saver! I haven't tried their baby food recipes, but looked them over. My son doesn't like real food yet. It's very frustrating, but he will get it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for your post!! I haven't tried it yet, but it's nice to hear from something that has done it and been successful! Cooking everything with another couple sounds like such a great idea :) Your son will like food eventually....I have a few friends with babies that have the same issue. Just keep trying and one day he'll love it! Have you tried mixing dices of cooked fruit/veggies with baby food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been getting meals from Dinner A'fare which is a similar concept of Once a Month Mom....except I just pick up the prepared meals and put them in my freezer and then pull of the bag the day before we want to eat it. I love the idea, just not the price! So I did a little research and was tempted to try this method out!

    ReplyDelete