photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, February 10, 2014

19 weeks

How far along: 19 weeks

Gender: We find out this week!


Weight gain: 8ish lbs? Will find out at my appointment this week.

Maternity clothes: Yes! Still can fit into some pre-pregnancy pants with my belly band I picked up at target, but maternity is much more comfy. Can wear both types of tops. I picked up a couple maternity workout tops from gap and they are fabulous!

Stretch marks: None yet

Belly button in or out: In

Sleep: Sleeping well most nights.

Symptoms: A little lower back pain. I found out last week I have a very, very rare thyroid disorder that makes me resistant to the thyroid hormone that I take daily. It's pretty much only dangerous when you are pregnant, as you have to take a HUGE dose of the thyroid hormone to overcompensate for the resistance. If the baby also gets this gene (50% chance), it is protected from the excess thyroid hormone I am taking as that baby would also be resistant. If the baby does not have the gene, it would be getting way too much of the hormone, which is fatal. My doctor said people with this gene have a 500% increased chance of miscarriage. Talk about me being a complete hot mess, disaster last week after hearing this. He wanted me to come in ASAP (like, that day) to discuss and also wanted Hadley and all my other close blood relatives to be tested for this gene.  I took Hadley and my mom in with me the next day - not knowing what we would be facing. My doctor said that since I am so far along in my pregnancy, the baby must also have the gene and that there is little to no risk at this point. PRAISE THE LORD!  We will just have to monitor our little one's growth closely and make sure he/she is not measuring small. We are so thankful we received a good report - God is so good!!! 
  
Best moment this week: My sister came to Knoxville this weekend as my nephew (junior at UT) was singing in "All Sing." Us girls (my mos, sis, and me) had dinner before the event Friday night and then headed over to campus for All Sing. I seriously have never felt so old.  Also, Hadley got to meet Tate!

Practicing her big sis skills!
  
Miss anything:  Really need some sushi. And red wine. And skinny jeans.

Movement: Felt much more movement this week - nothing better!

Cravings: Fruit, peanut butter, seafood

Workouts:  Still running and going to barre regularly. Thank goodness for my running maternity band!
 
At the barre - love these girls
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound this week!

19 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment