photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, April 15, 2013

Master's Weekend

We had a super fun weekend...I'm sad it's over.  We had dinner with my dad and stepmom who were in town for the weekend on Friday night.  Complete with banana pudding which Hadley loved! 

Saturday we had a little Master's get-together at our house, complete with spiked Arnold Palmers for the big kids and green jello with pineapple for the kiddies. I made a banana pudding poke cake I found on Pinterest - it was so, so good!  I didn't take very many pictures but here are a few....

Prepping
 
Mmmm


Cruisin'

How do you get 5 kids to look at the camera at the same time? I don't know either!
 
Riley getting some love from Aiden!


Adam Scott = Easy on the eyes
Party menu:  Buffalo Chicken Dip and Carrots/Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for apps, BBQ Pork and BBQ chicken sandwiches, Hot dogs, Garden Pasta Salad with Feta, Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Chips, and Banana Poke Cake.

My sister was also in town and we had lunch with her and my mom on Sunday afternoon. I way over cooked for the party on Saturday - love me some leftovers!

We got Hadley this awesome Radio Flyer Steer & Stroll Trike - I'm so thankful Brandon is good at putting things together :)  You can remove the handle when she gets better at steering. She looks so stinking cute on this!


I'm still recovering from running the half marathon weekend...my poor right foot and right knee.  I did find out last week I have a hallux abducto valgus deformity (a bunion - I know, ewww), likely worsened by wearing high heels/pointy toes and running. So I thought some Tory Burch sandals were in order :) I lurve them!  It's literally been killing me not to be able to run. Hopefully this week!

A lot of people have asked me about my Green Monster recipe so I thought I would share my recipe...It does not taste healthy at all! :)


2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup pineapple juice
1 frozen banana
Fruit (I buy the frozen fruit in the freezer section and add any other random fresh fruit I have on hand)

If you want to get fancy you can add...
A little bit of almond butter (or peanut butter) - a little goes a long way, or
Some ground flax seed (for the fiber and omega-3s)

Just throw it all in the blender until smooth. The frozen banana and frozen fruit give it the perfect smoothie consistency (no ice needed). Enjoy!


Have a great week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment