photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, April 8, 2013

Half Marathon Weekend

Half Marathon weekend finally arrived this past weekend....we had the most amazing weather the entire weekend, and we soaked up as much sunshine and fun as we could!

Saturday we went to the park and planted in our little acre garden (finally!).  Hadley loved playing in the dirt. She cried when we were finished planting our seeds because she wanted her vegetables - tried to explain in will be a couple months before we can eat them :) We planted squash, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, green onion, beans, cucumbers, cilantro, basil, and carrots. I am excited to see what actually grows as I don't have the greenest thumb.






We went to Mellow Mushroom for some carb-loading with friends that were running the half on Saturday evening....Sophie and Hadley go to Nanny's together and Hadley was beyond excited for this dinner ALL week.  She must have asked me 6,000 times on Friday and Saturday when we were going to go to dinner with Sophie :)



Sunday was race day!  Here are a few pics of the race!  Brandon and I ran together and finished the half in 1:57 (8:57/mile).  My goal was 2 hours so I was so excited I finished with 3 minutes to spare!  I finished 169/1344 females and 547/2433 overall.  It was the most amazing experience, running with so many people and accomplishing my goal...we finished on the 50 yard line at Neyland Stadium which was awesome...I was overcome with emotion running into the stadium.  I am so glad I did it and can't wait for the next! 


Knoxville News Sentinel pic

Before!


Look at all the TVA runners! (my husband's work)

After!
 



We had a birthday party Sunday afternoon and then went out for Mexican afterwards...such a fun, fun weekend!  Only 4.5 more days till the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment