photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

30 years young

Brandon turned the big 3-0 last week.  I decided to have a small suprise birthday dinner for him this past Friday night to celebrate at Melting Pot, one of our favorites!  In all, there were 10 of us and we had a great time! 

Brandon had no idea about the dinner party.  He thought it was just going to be the 2 of us and he picked Melting Pot.  I talked with friends and made reservations for our group for 8:00 pm.

Then Friday came.  Off to work per usual, picked up Hadley on the way home, and my mom met us at our house as she was going to babysit.  Brandon knew our reservations weren't till 8:00, so we just hung out with Hadley and gave her a bath before we left.  Around 7:40, Brandon was ready to go!

We are very punctual so he was a little annoyed that I continued to dilly-dally around the house until about 7:50 or so.  We finally left and I told him I needed to go to Walgreens - he was less than thrilled about a stop before dinner.  But I wanted to buy a little time.  And I go to grab my phone and text our friends and realize I left my cell at home.  I told him to turn around, that I forgot my phone.  He did not want to turn around....but I told him I had to have it!  So we turned around and I got my phone.  We ended up getting downtown around 8:15 which was perfect and walked into the restaurant.  I told the hostess we had reservations for 2 under Skeen.  She smiled (huge smile!) and showed us to our table.

Surprise!

He was surprised when he saw everyone, especially since the other 4 couples have little ones at home as well (4 months to 14 months in age).  A big thank you to everyone that came (and your parents for babysitting)!









No comments:

Post a Comment