photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, May 2, 2011

The time has come.

The day has finally come that I’m saying good bye to my Medela breast pump. I’ve been thinking about this day for months and months. I seriously can’t believe I’ve made it 7 months pumping everyday....multiple times a day....at home, at work, at hotels, in the car, in the middle of the night. Sterilizing all the little parts each day, freezing bags of milk, rotating my “stash.” It’s seriously been like a job. I remember when Hadley was 5 weeks old and I was just hoping to make it to Thanksgiving....and look how far I’ve come! I need a medal or something!

I’ve had to supplement with formula since she was 5 or so months old. And my supply has definitely decreased slowly over time. I’ve been winding down since I started back at work, only pumping 4 times a day instead of 6. But this week is the last week, and I’m only going to pump 2 times a day. It was so refreshing leaving my house without my pump, which has basically been like another appendage these last 7 months as I don’t leave home without it.


I did some rough calculations (7 months x 30 days in a month x 6 pumps a day). I've used my pump approximately 1,260 times. WOW.

So long, farewell! Until we meet again....

2 comments:

  1. Good job!!! You really have made it so far especially because I remember when we talked on the phone that one night and you were just trying to make it to New Years! So that's awesome! I'll admit, there are days I wish I could give it the ol' heave ho! But I'm really trying to make it to a year so we don't have to start buying formula :-) That's spendy as you well know! By the way, we have the same pump so it's good to know it lasted so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formula is SO expensive! I would stick it out if I could...my supply is so low that it's not worth the effort at this point. Email me back :)

    ReplyDelete