photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, September 9, 2013

birthday girl

Letter to my sweet birthday girl...

Dearest Hadley,

How is it another birthday is upon us? You are growing up much too fast for mommy. I want to freeze time and savor this sweet and tender time with you. It seems like yesterday when I was waking up every few hours with you, rocking and singing to you in the night, nursing (and pumping!) you and changing your tiny diapers. Then before I knew it, you were learning how to walk, and drink from a sippy cup....and then you had enough hair for pig tails!  Now you run, tell me you love me, wear big girl panties, and sing at the top of your lungs. You have just blossomed into the sweetest little girl over the past 3 years and I fall more in love with you every day. You are bubbly, determined, loving, giggly and I can't imagine my life without you.

Here is a glimpse of who you are at 3 years young...
  • 36 pounds and 38 inches tall
  • Potty trained, but still wear a diaper at night. Working towards a big girl bed soon!
  • Favorite foods - hard to say - but you love eating cereal, "grain" bars (nutrigrain bars), carrots and hummus, turkey, chips and salsa, yogurt, spaghetti, and anything sweet! You aren't big on zucchini or squash.
  • You love to sing, and I love to listen. You usually wake up singing and it always brings the biggest smile to my face.
  • Favorite TV shows are Doc McStuffins, Sophia the First, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
  • You pronounce certain words incorrectly, but it's too cute to correct. My favorite right now is 'refrigelator' (refrigerator).
  • Love your baby dolls and will fold their blankets over and over and over again.
  • You tell me "5 more minutes" when it's time for bed and it's adorable.
  • Love to help me cook and clean and I love having you as my little helper! You always say "let me help you mommy" when you see me cooking. 
  • You have the sweetest little soul, already can tell how much you care for other people. You tell me and Daddy "I love you much" and it melts my heart each time I hear you say those words. You love to give us kisses and I'll sneak one whenever I can!

Because of you, I feel more deeply and love more deeply. You have taught me so many life lessons in your 1,095 days on this earth. You are the most wonderful gift that has ever been given to me and I pray that I can be the mommy you deserve to teach you about love, life, God, and everything in between. I will always be your biggest cheerleader and will always be there to pick you up should you fall.

Each time I look at you and our little family, I feel so incredibly blessed. You have brought your daddy and me so much joy and we look forward to making a million more memories with you. Excited to celebrate your big day this weekend!

Happy 3rd Birthday to my Hadley bear! Love you from the top of your head to the tips of your toes!

5 days!
 
1st Birthday
 
2nd Birthday
 
Almost 3!

Almost 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment