photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

We officially have a toddler

Brandon and I were talking over the weekend about how we feel like Hadley has officially entered toddler-hood....
  • She is starting to look like a 'kid' rather than a baby. 
  • Toddles everywhere. She hates to ride in the cart at stores - she wants to push the cart like mommy - very helpful I tell you.  I'm sure everyone at Kroger and Target loved us on Sunday.  I promise.
  • Doesn't care to be rocked to sleep at night.  This has always been some of my most cherished times with Hadley, rocking and singing her to sleep.  Now she just looks over at her bed like "put me down already momma! I'm sleepy!"
  • Had to buy her new shoes this weekend. Size 5!  She'a 4.5 but Stride Rite suggested we go up to a 5 so we can get more wear out of her shoes.
  • Can go up the stairs all by herself. The first time we let her try, she did it like she'd been crawling up them for months.
  • Eats whatever we eat (for the most part).  She no longer enjoys green beans in any form or fashion.  I'm tried everything, but she spits them out no matter what.  She still like peas, brocoli, and asparagus though :)
  • Mimics us - it's freaking adorable.  She'll mimic what we say if we ask her to repeat us, 'fold' laundry when we are folding clean clothes, read books if we are reading, push the grocery cart (this really isn't that cute actually), etc. 
  • Jabbers alot!  When she wakes up, in the car, etc.  I wonder what she is thinking/saying?!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same, except I don't get any help when folding laundry!! haha! And I have NO idea what Cai is jabbering on about, but he just talks like we know what he is saying! lol! This age is certainly full of more tantrums than I am used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely noticing the tantrums too. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete