photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Workin' Girl

Sorry I haven’t been updating the blog as I should. We’ve been busy, busy, busy! I started a new job last Monday, March 28th, as Financial Analyst in the External Reporting Group at TVA. Brandon works there too, but we don’t work together. He’s on another floor, so we really have to plan it if we want to see each other.
Going back to work has been difficult for sure. As if going back to work wasn’t enough of a change, I had to attend training Chattanooga for my first 4 days. I wasn’t crazy about Hadley starting daycare at Goddard School while I was out of town, so my dad and stepmom were generous enough to come stay here for the week while I was gone and help Brandon with Hadley. We decided to take her to daycare a few hours each day and build up to a full day for last Friday. Hadley loved spending time with her Nanny and Papaw! She did great at daycare too! She has the greatest teachers and about 5 other babies in her class. They leave notes on everything they did with Hadley during the day (learning activities, baby signs they are teaching her, nap times, eating times, dirty diapers, and a memorable moment from the day). It’s definitely been an adjustment – for the last 6 months I’ve been loving on Hadley 24/7, wearing sweats, and had time to cook and clean and shop. Now I’ve got to get up at the crack of dawn and get myself and Hadley ready, pack her bag, and get us to daycare and work at a decent time. It’s crazy here in the morning, haha! By the time I get home, play with Hadley, get her to bed, sterilize her bottles and prepare her bottles and food for the next day, it’s 9:00 pm and I’m ready for bed! And I’ve definitely had to get used to wearing heels again! It is so nice to go pick up a happy, smiling baby at the end of the day though. If she weren’t happy at the end of the day, this would be so much more difficult! I totally have a whole new level of respect for working moms!!! I miss my Hadley during the day, but I am blessed to have been able to spend 6 wonderful months with her.
Hadley had her 6 month check up last week. She weighed 15 lbs 13 oz (49%) and was almost 26 inches long (52%). She had always been in the 80-90% range so Brandon and I were a little concerned at the drop in her stats, but the doctor said that is normal for babies to sort of level off and not grow as rapidly at this age. She is a great eater, so I’m not too worried. She was perfectly healthy and did a great job with her 2 shots she received that day!
Also last week, 2 of Hadley’s friends were born! Gabe Plummer and Aiden Strand! We met Gabe this week – what a CUTIE PIE! He’s got the most awesome head of hair I’ve ever seen on a baby! We are going to meet Aiden this weekend and I can hardly wait! I’ll post some pictures of Hadley and her buds this weekend!
We had an open house this past Sunday at our house, a showing on Wednesday night, and another one scheduled this weekend. We’ve gotten some really great feedback on our house! Fingers crossed!
So glad tomorrow is Friday – TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment