photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Friday, February 18, 2011

Reason # 1,549,689 why I hate Comcast...

So we are now mortgage shopping in order to get pre-approved for a new home. Get our credit reports pulled and what do you know but a non payment charge in July 2010 of $55 for Comcast. What's funny about that is that we switched from Comcast to Direct TV in June 2008. Why are they submitting a nonpayment charge 25 MONTHS LATER? Also this is the first we are hearing about this $55.

Apparently it looks really bad if we pay it now as it will still impact Brandon's credit score (our service was in his name only) and it is also bad to dispute it with the credit agency. So we aren't sure what to do. This has really put a damper on our excitement because it has pretty huge implications.

You can never get away from Comcast....they haunt you forever!

2 comments:

  1. I work for Comcast. If you're interested, I can reach out to my contacts to look into this. Contact me, provide your former account info and a link to this page if you would like me to help.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s nice to see Comcast offered to help you with this problem. I hope you were able to get it resolved as these things can be complicated. I’m glad you were able to get away from the cause of the problem though and if you’re like me problems can follow a person. I’m glad I broke that curse when I changed my TV company but I was still concerned about the fees on my bill. Look at yours and you’ll see there are a lot of fees, some seem too high. I decided to do some checking and that’s when I stumbled onto besttvforme.com which someone put up to compare the companies. I was relieved to find out that my DISH Network employee account was already the lowest in fees. I also learned that the monthly price for programming was lower than Comcast and DirecTV.

    ReplyDelete