photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

6 months!

I can hardly believe my baby is 6 months old. For a half a year now, she has changed our world....changed it for the better. 6 months ago I could have never imagined loving her so much. But we love her more with each passing day! She's such a joyful, content little baby.

Here are some of Hadley's stats at 6 months old:
  • We go to the pediatrician next week for her 6 month check up. I will go ahead and guess she that she weighs in the 15-16 lb range and she is TALL!
  • Wearing 3-6 months clothes. I stocked up on 6+ month clothes at a couple consignment sales and I'll start dressing her in those soon. Some of her 3-6 months stuff is getting short on her, especially one piece outfits.
  • She is cutting 2 bottom teeth, right in the front of her mouth. Brandon noticed this a couple of days ago. She loves to gnaw on things and is drooling, so we had suspected she might be teething and we were right! She is going to look so cute with teeth, haha!!
  • She can now roll from her back to her tummy. She did this for the first time about a week ago. She is quiet the rolly polly!
  • She is eating 3 bottles a day (7:30a, 1:30p, and 7:30p normally).
  • We have introduced a good amount of solids to Hadley at this point. Brown rice cereal, bananas, avocados, green beans, peas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, apples, prunes, and oatmeal cereal. She pretty much likes it all. She's a great little eater! I've made all the fruits and veggies with the exception of the prunes b/c I'm not even sure what an actual prune looks like :). I'm giving her solids now twice a day (10:30ish and 5:00ish or so).
  • Hadley is able to sit up with a boppy around her or with someone supporting her. Can't wait for her to sit by herself!
  • She is getting very curious and LOVES to grab at everything in sight! We have to be very careful about what is in her reach now.
  • Not crawling yet, but she has managed to scoot backward when we put her on her tummy.



2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love how enamored they are with their cute little feet? Jayden loves to eat his toes :-) Happy 6 month birthday to Hadley!

    A question... how much does Hadley usually eat when you feed her solids? Jayden still spits out the food (or gags on it) so we haven't had much success with him eating much. I just try once in awhile to let him to get used to the idea. One of these days I'm sure he'll just start eating it like it's no problem! :-)

    Hadley is SUCH a cutie - I love her headband! I so wish we were closer so we could come hang out :-( Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has taken her a while to get the hang of solids. I would say after a good 2-3 weeks, Jayden will really know what to do with it. Hadley still sometimes pushes it out of her mouth, but she is doing so much better now then when we first started! I've been giving her about 1.5 ounces two times a day. Sometimes she will eat more though...she's a little piglet for sure :)

    I SOOOO wish we could hang out and get our babies together!

    ReplyDelete