photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Friday, May 16, 2014

five on friday!

ONE
I finally made a to-do list for baby. We seriously haven't done a thing yet, and I'm 8 months pregnant!  To say I'm a bit overwhelmed is an understatement.  The time is flying this time around, can't believe we are having a baby so soon!  Here are some things on my list....
  • Get out the carseat, bases, rock n'play, swing, bouncy seat, etc - clean!
  • Prep the nursery (Hadley's old room)
  • Wash NB and 0-3 month clothing
  • Wash blankets, sheets and other linens
  • Pack hospital bag
  • PICK A NAME
  • Buy new parts for my breast pump (and hopefully the thing still works)
  • Get out all the bottles and sterilize
  • Make freezer meals (more on this in #2)
  • Notify pediatrician
  • Attend breastfeeding class (scheduled for next week)
  • Get a cute coming home outfit


TWO
I definitely want to make some meals to have on hand for when baby girl arrives. I've pinned some freezer meal recipes on Pinterest, but never actually took the plunge. Last week I was invited to a Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop ('get your grill on' was the theme) and it was SO MUCH FUN!  You can read more about Wildtree here. It was hosted by a girl from my barre studio and she had about 12 girls attend. We purchased and prepped our meat and veggies before the party and brought our freezer bags (filled with the meat/veggies) and added all the Wildtree seasonings/spices/labels at the party. I left with 7 meals (herb grilled chicken, savory grilled tilapia, rodeo blue cheese burgers, grilled shrimp skewers, hickory grilled chicken, and Asian ginger chicken skewers). It was so easy and I'm looking forward to pulling these out this summer. I have a few more things I want to make in June and now I feel like I can actually do it!



THREE
In case I didn't have enough to do (see #1 above), we decided to repaint the interior of our house before baby girl arrives. Like, the whole enchilada, every room. Picking paint is seriously ridiculously hard.  I mean, I can't even commit to one type of ice cream lately.....


pregnancy problems - bought all 3

I have a small fortune invested in Benjamin Moore paint samples, and I've also painted random squares of paint throughout the living room, dining room, kitchen, and halls. But, we have finally picked our colors with the help of our sweet OP Jenkins friend that helped us with our furniture last year.  Painter is coming first week in June. I cannot wait!  Out with the beige/gold, and in with the greige!

 
FOUR
Hadley is getting promoted to her new classroom at Nanny's in a couple weeks. Just another reminder how quickly she is growing up.  She is 3.5 years old now, and I swear she gets sweeter every day. I asked her the other day how she got so sweet and she told me the bees made her sweet (they've been learning about bees and birds at school recently :) )  I just absolutely love her to pieces and can't imagine how I could love another little girl as much as I love her....but everyone says it just happens....your love multiplies.  I am trying to savor each hug, each bedtime story, each conversation with her right now before our family grows!



FIVE
I ran across this article on facebook last week and I was literally in tears at my desk from laughing so hard.  If you have a baby, or are expecting, you must read it. After-birth: 10 surprises from those first days after delivery

 
 
TGIF FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment