photo Header_zps2352adce.png

Monday, December 9, 2013

White Bean Chicken Chili reci


I need to blog y'all. We've been super busy at work and at home but I promise for pictures and updates soon!  For now I wanted to blog about my new go-to chicken chili. We had a chili cookoff at work today and this new recipe I tried did not disappoint! I want to have it here so I don't forget and lots of ladies were interested in the recipe at work. This is gluten-free and no weird seasoning packets or canned soups.




White Bean Chicken Chili

 
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil  
1 yellow onion, chopped  
3 cloves garlic, minced  
2.5 cups chicken broth (I used 2c to begin, and probably added another ½ cup once everything was cooking to thin it out a bit)
16 oz jar of good salsa verde (I used Archer Farms)
2 cans Rotel
7 ounce can diced green chilies
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano  
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed  
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
¾ cup frozen corn
1.5-2ish pounds diced, cooked chicken meat
2 cans white beans (I used navy and cannellini)  
Salt and pepper

 Directions:

1. Heat oil over medium-high heat, and cook onion and garlic until soft.
2. Stir in spices, green chilies, salsa verde and tomatoes. Stir until well mixed and almost boiling.
3. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil.
4. Add corn, cooked chicken, and beans; simmer for 30-60 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
 

*Next time I’m just going to put everything in the crockpot and shred the chicken at end.
 

2 comments:

  1. This has become a favorite in our house! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! It's the only chili I make now!

      Delete